Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Let's go home!!

Our last day...a few snaps from around Hanoi...

Kumquat tree....these were on scooters everywhere.
A traditional TET decoration for families and businesses.
Just like Paris...no wonder I felt so at home!

Chaos and madness in the streets pretty much 24/7...1000s of scooters everywhere!


Just a typical bicycle meat vendor.


Official gridlock...stuck 15 minutes before we got out and walked.


Well I can't believe it but we are finally flying home tomorrow. I got our new itinerary including Henry's one way booking and saw that he was reserved in Business Class and Julie and I were flying Coach on the first flight....nothing but the best for my boy!!! (he's agreed to sit with us in the back!)
We are madly packing while Henry sleeps and trying to figure out what we will need for almost 24 hours of travel. A lot. Henry has clothes for six wardrobe changes, a treasure trove of toys and an unbelievable pile of feeding and diapering supplies. I'm hoping since we bought him a seat he'll be allowed to have his own carry-on bag!!

Our final day in Hanoi was spent playing, shopping and eating - pretty much the same as the rest of our days, at least since we've been well. We had a delicious lunch at Bobby Chinn's. Yes, Dawn I had the steak and mashed potatoes. YUM! Then we went up to Hang Gai Street to try one more time to get a good price on a painting I wanted to buy for Henry - 'Boy Dancing With Buffalo'. I ended up buying the painting and also a little sculpture called 'School Boy' - had to have it. Neither looks as good in these pictures as they do in person but they are really cute!

"I'd rather have a cookie."


The little sculpture can light up from inside...so cute!



And finally, Henry is ready to go.
pants? no thanks, too busy. I'm going home just like this!!

No comments: