Monday, February 11, 2008

Yes, we are home!!

I just logged in for the first time since we got home and saw that my last post from Hanoi wasn't on here. I must have hit save instead of post....oops, sorry. It's there now. And though I wasn't really planning to keep posting after we returned, I will try to keep adding pics for a little while, at least till the end of Berlin (thanks for the conference call today!!)
.
Our trip was very smooth and Henry was a great little traveler! He didn't sleep much but was still happy and playful most of the way. Much better than Julie and I who were a tiny bit tired and cranky (ergo, no travel pictures at all). We went through the special line for first-time immigrants and Henry became a U.S. citizen! He was sound asleep by that time so the nice agents expedited our papers ahead of all the tired grown-ups so we could go home...yay!
.
Opa was waiting in the airport when we got out with a darling welcome sign - thanks mom! Henry woke up to meet his grandparents with quiet curiosity ('hmmm, more gushing Joneses!') but batted his eye lashes and squeezed their fingers as a sign of his deep love and affection. Special thanks to Diane for joining in the welcome party to drive our luggage and Tante Julie home too!
.
As soon as we arrived I realized that my pathetic ideas of "baby-proofing" were completely inadequate and that there was not one safe place in the apartment to set him....not one. Just for that one moment I longed to be back in our secure little Hanoi home and routine. But in the days since we arrived, Julie and I have made Henry feel safe and happy here too. By the way, the name Henry means "Ruler Of The Home." Of course he is.
.
Krista, THANK YOU....Henry LOVES your "car" package, from the wrapping to the toys and clothes. So thoughtful and so cute. What a great shopper you are!! Janna and Krista, thanks so much for the 2nd package too. The shirts are darling and the balloons and frame and placemat are perfect. (And I love all the pictures of you Krista!)


For me??

YAY!!

"My very own dashboard...with honking horn! This is my loudest toy yet!!




Anna and Ewa, Henry loves his bunny and I love his navy pants and jacket...his first Cannes outfit! (Team Dennis?) Should fit him perfectly all summer...thanks!!

Bunny on my head...hilarious!

Cast aside for Cheerios...how sad.

Smug little chipmunk.

No comments: