Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's official!

As of 4:30 yesterday afternoon, Henry is officially my baby!

The final adoption papers were approved and signed in a ceremony where I swore to love him as my own forever....he is my own!!


Henry was unbelievably sweet and patient with all the paperwork and fuss at the end of a very long day for him. He fell asleep in the taxi home and still didn't complain when we had to wake him to take his passport pictures.

Considering the long day of "firsts" - first time out of the orphanage, car ride, bath, cereal with a spoon - and all with complete gushing strangers, he was remarkably curious and at ease (and probably still a little in shock.) But as you'll see in the pictures below, he managed to have some fun as well!


Laughing so loud!!!

(he totally gets my jokes!)

Two teeth!! So cute!!!!

He fell right to sleep last night from sheer exhaustion and slept 12 hours....I'm told that will be the only time he'll ever do that!!! But since I was so jet lagged and went to bed at the same time (7pm!) it was greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for all your nice emails!!! Julie and I have really enjoyed getting them! jjx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Toooooooo sweet!

Dawn Edgar

stollmyheart said...

Congrats! He is so sweet and looks like he's doing great!

Julie said...

What a beautiful and happy little guy!!! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

What a happy baby! He is adorable. Good luck with all your appointments.

mcoreyf said...

Jill he's adorable! Love the photos. -Cousin Corey

mcoreyf said...

P.S. Auntie Connie & Uncle Gene say absolutely adorable & we'll see him in March.

jj said...

Hi....it took me a whole week to say "Thank you!" for all your kind notes! PLAN gang, you either know exactly how I feel or you soon will...exhausted bliss!

Cory, It is so good to hear from you!! I'll ask Spencer for your email...when are the WA Freebairns coming to LA? It's been way too long since we've seen each other!

And please tell Connie that Henry LOVES his blanket! It's in some of the pictures but he'll crawl across the floor just to pat it...loves how soft it is. So cute! jjx