Sunday, January 20, 2008

We've arrived!

Four airports, three flights and 24 hours later we've arrived in Hanoi! We had to fly via San Francisco and Taipei - it was a long but very easy trip with all of our bags arriving safe and sound, still stuffed to overflowing.

We are unpacking and setting up the apartment asap because I just got word that we are leaving for the orphanage to get Henry tomorrow morning at 9am!!! Krista, I'll try to put pictures up before you get home from school!
Thanks to everyone for your great emails....I'll save them for Henry's scrapbook. Keep 'em coming....it's really nice to hear from you!

Here are a few pics till the good ones start tomorrow....fyi, I asked Julie as she was snapping pics after 20 hours of travel, "Do I look okay?" and she replied "In 20 years you'll look at these and think you look really young." That's my disclaimer....no snarky comments!! jjx


Happy to be on flight #2! (yes, Anna, we're both wearing velour sweats...don't tell Ewa!)

Julie with Henry's Mickey from Oma and Opa and special picture book.

OMG, I will never wear these sweats again...on to flight #3....

Somewhere near Hanoi...

Hundreds of bicycles and scooters swarming...you'd love it here mom!

Home, for the next 2-3 weeks....Somerset Grand Hotel, Hanoi.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEA! Awesome to see you made and WITH smiles on your faces! I can't wait to get those pics of baby Henry! You guys look great! I will be following along everyday! You are in our thoughts and prayers! I still am not giving up on meeting up next weekend! All our love and happiness!
The Edgar's!